The minimum amount you will pay for a complete rescue after a hack will be about A$500 – but it’s likely to cost more if we have to rebuild your site on a clean server (cheaper than cleaning your existing server).
If your site has been hacked, you will probably also need an ongoing website maintenance plan.
This is our process;
- put up a blank maintenance page
- rescue all images and text content
- run a sitewide virus check
- check to see if your domain is black-listed
- if no issues, update and secure the site
- if issues, decide on further action (fix or migrate)
Hackers want to use your site as an email server. Sometimes they want to advertise suspicious products or just use your domain name as a spam farm. Hackers don’t care about your content.
Websites don’t really break, but they often get hacked. A hundred or more hack attempts per day is not unusual.
Most websites can be back online within hours. The longest it’s taken us is about two weeks – that’s if it’s a big website migration. That client had 1,500 products in a complicated e-commerce WordPress website. Everything was out of date. The migration cost just under $2,000 but the client is very happy.
If your server is full of hacked code, we will need to move your broken website to a clean one. We’ve moved a couple of sites to our own servers, but any clean server will do.
Subscribe to a Website Maintenance Plan
Pay yearly or monthly
Sometimes, we can fix your website during an initial phone call. If it is a simple fix (under 12 minutes) we charge nothing for it.
However, clients usually want peace of mind and I encourage clients to purchase a website maintenance plan ($549) as a preventative measure. Your website will always be secure and healthy. Because of this, we can even upgrade your website to a more modern look.
How Healthy is Your Website?
You can check your website health for free.
Here are the resources we use . . .
More horrible website thoughts . . .
- I think I’ve been hacked. All is lost.
- It’s a DIY site and did something wrong. I think.
- I’ve lost control of my domain name. And my life.
- I’ve lost everything and there’s no backup. Boo hoo.
- Oh no. Something’s wrong and my ex has all the passwords
- I can’t keep dealing with this web company.
- Website broke. Me broke too.
- I like my website but nobody can find it.
- This server is always getting hacked.
- I just cleaned it. Was the hacker just sitting in the back there?
Don’t worry. We can fix any issue.
Amanda’s Website Rescue story . . .
Amanda writes . . .
Geoffrey saved me. My website had been hacked, I had lost my c-panel passwords and was ready to cry. I anticipated it costing heaps and becoming a drama. But no! Edwin efficiently and elegantly answered my call for help, got me back up and running within hours (the same day!) and gave me a great website maintenance plan price to keep it running, healthy and up to date forever (or as long as I wanted it). Thanks a bunch, Edwin!
You’re welcome Amanda 🙂